Muffins & Snacks
Updated: Jul 23, 2019
I LOVE muffins and snacks!
The trouble is, most of the muffins and snacks out there are full of garbage - added sugars, unnecessary and unhealthy oils, preservatives, processed junk. No thanks!
Because I am a muffin monster and an avid snacker, I am always on the look-out for for healthy, simple recipes.
Below are some of my FAVE recipes! As a guideline, the recipes I try and use contain minimal, whole ingredients, low to no added sugars and generally don't take a ton of time to make. I've included links to the original recipes as well as my modifications. Enjoy!
* I use gluten-free all-purpose flour which is a 1:1 conversion
* I use xylitol as the granulated sweetener
* I use Arbonne's vegan vanilla protein powder
I created this recipe so forgive the lack of precision! The only ingredients you need for these popsicles are full-fat coconut milk and frozen fruit. I like to use either mixed berries or blueberries as berries tend to be lower in sugar. As far as kitchen tools go, you'll need a blender (a Magic Bullet is what I use) and popsicle moulds!
- start by pouring half a can of coconut milk into your blender container and top it up with frozen fruit
- blend until smooth and pour into popsicle moulds
- use the remainder of the coconut milk and more frozen fruit, pour into popsicle moulds and freeze overnight
Voila! You have healthy, delicious popsicles!
Easy Energy Balls (recipe from @thatcleanlife on Instagram plus my additions)
- 1 C Quick Oats
- 1/2 C ground flax seed
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Tsp sea salt
- 1/2 C natural nut butter
- 1/3 C maple syrup (I used honey in a smaller amount)
- I added 2 scoops of vegan vanilla protein powder (Arbonne)
- I added a dash of hemp hearts
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl; roll the dough into balls about 1-inch in diameter (makes 16-20 balls). Chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before serving. Enjoy!